Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Interactions


So I have had this writing on my brain for a few days but was very apprehensive about posting because of peoples perceptions of my words in the past.  So I will say this.  This is not directed toward anyone in particular this is just an observation of life in general.  This is not meant in a negative way but a positive way.   

Friends
Life is full of interactions.  That is what is truly about in the end is your interactions with people and how those interactions are perceived by not only yourself but the people that the interactions are with.  Some of the interactions are with total strangers.  These are normally on a daily basis and most people don’t give them a lot of thought.  From the guy you cut off in traffic to the homeless person you walked by this morning and ignored.  These interactions are speak very highly to your character.  How you treat strangers that you will never see again is big. 
Then there are those interactions with people you know in your life due to work or some other need based relationship.  These are the people in your life that you may talk to every day but these people are not tied to your heart.  These are the people you may just put on a face for or just put up with them in your normal everyday life.  Not much thought is given to your interactions with these people.  You may be nice to these people you may be not be but in your mind these people are not truly important to your core.  Their opinions of you and your life don’t truly matter to you in the end.  I see these relationships as fake for the most part.  Some may give the impression that you matter but ultimately when your situation changes these people are out of your life. 

Then there are those interactions with the people in your life that are in your heart.  These people you may not always get along with but they are in your core and they matter to you.  These are the interactions that matter most to you in a lot of ways.  These may be with friend, your spouse, family member or anyone that truly means something to you.  A lot of time we care what these people think about us and care about their opinions.  These are the interactions we take for granted a lot of times.   These people are normally the ones that get treated the worse because they are the closest. 
The interactions we have in life define our character.  Whether they be with a stranger or your best friend.  When we understand that this is the legacy we are leaving behind it becomes important to work on those relationships and learn how to truly treat people.  We must understand that to truly act in love and gratitude and truly be happy we must strengthen our character and our interactions with everyone.  

I myself have been on a transformation over the last few months of my life.  Some of you that read this may know this and have seen it in my life.  Some of you may have not taken the time to get to know this.  But the more I learn about myself and about my journey in this life the more I see the interactions from my past.  I see the positive ones and the negative ones.  The lessons that I am learning from these are shaping my present and future.  This is known to a lot of people as karma.  In other words reaping what you sow in this life.  I have learned when you do not interact with the people you truly care about in life and you don’t nourish those relationships they die.  Most the time they cannot be brought back to life.  There is no excuse for this in my mind anymore.  If someone matters to your core then you must take that time and nourish that relationship if you truly hope to keep it.  Even the interactions with the people you may not care about in your life are very important.  I have learned you must act in love as much as possible if not at every moment. 

Now on to what this writing is truly about Friends.  What is a friend to you?  Most people would say someone I hang out with.  Someone that is important to me.  Someone that I connect with.  There is a wide view of what true friendship is and everyone can have a different definition.  When we are dealing with people that we know as friends their definition of that may be different than yours.  So when you are upset with this person that may be your friend they just may have a different view of what friendship is. 
I have had a lot of “friends” in my life that have been surface friends that have been great in my life for a time but they were not meant to be in my life for an extended amount of time.  They have come and gone and some have come back.  These friendship are not based on the same definition of friendship and normal just based on good times in life.  These friendship normally end when either ones situation in life changes.  Most people’s lives are littered with these friendships.  They were good for a time but for whatever reason just didn’t continue in life. 
Some friendships are lifelong these are the people that you can count on in life.  These are the people that though the changes in life situations stand by you and you by them.  You have probably known them most your life.  And you know that you can run to them when you need them.   These people sometimes get the worst of you because you know in your heart they will be there for you. 
No my take on this stuff. 
You interactions in life mean a lot.  We must try to interact in love at all times in life.  We must try and be a positive interaction in the life of others.  That is part of my transformation to have more positive interactions on a daily basis.  With that said if you are reading this and I have offend or hurt you in our relationship please reach out to me and lets have a conversation.  If not I understand.  I hope this blog wasn’t to long and I know it rambled but that is the only way I could put these thoughts down.   

No comments:

Post a Comment