Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My grandmother

has i saw that dick Clark died today at 82 it got me to thinking about my grandmother. not many people that will read this knew her. I started thinking about her life and being able to live till she was 90. WOW. What she saw in her life from 1915- 2005. When you read that events probably pop in your head to to world wars to women's rights to racial equity. i am inspired that she got to live such a long life. A lot of people don't get that much time on this earth. the one thing that all of us is promised is death. It will find us all in time. that time may be tomorrow or we may live till we are 90. We must catch what we can and effect the lives that we can while we are breathing and while we have the gift that is life. I signed up for volunteering today with a great organization. I am excited to start living my passion and helping kids as my mamaw, as i called her, inspired me to do. She was the strongest person i have ever met. I love her and miss her to this day. she taught me lessons about life and how to be a great person. She stood up for herself when it was unpopular. I am truly inspired by her and by her life. To live this life for 90 years is an amazing blessing that most people never get to achieve. She was very determined to live that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment