Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The day I became a father



Part of this writing will be just a blog and part a poem.  For the last 6 years i have been a father.  This is something that has both scared me and brought me great joy.  The tears of joy that have came on and off over the past few years have been both cleansing and amazing.  Each day i am amazed by the level of love that this boy has brought into my life.  Tristan Michael Weathers Changed my life when he took his first breath. I can remember and still see the first time our eyes first met.   I can remember when i was a work and go that call from Jennifer she was in labor.  nothing could stop me from getting to that hospital.  Then we had that long wait of 12 hours then he made his appearance and mine and jennifer's life was changed forever.  Me and Jennifer didn't last but that never changed how I looked at my boy.  He has grown into to such a smart and amazing child.  He has become such an inspiration to me.  I am so thankful to have him as my son.  I can not describe the connection i have with him.  He is my best friend and i can not wait to see how he grows up.  I wish i could take him though life without any hurt but i know he will hurt and he will experiance pain.  I just hope that he learns how awesome he is and doesn't suffer from the things I did.  HE is the light of my life and from his first breath he changed my world.  I know that i am a great father to him and he is an amazing son to me.  It seems like there was not life before him and i couldn't image it with out him.  The one thing i am most proud of is my kids.  And my boy is someone i am very proud of.  I know that he is going to change the world.


When you took your first breath
You took mine away
When you took your first steps
You made me stumble
When you called me dad
You left me speechless
When you show me love
you teach me what love is
When you learn new things
you teach me how to live
When came into this world
You destroyed everything i had known
Thank you son for being you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment