Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rejection




Last time I blogged I said the next thing I would write about was rejection.  And I bet a lot of you thought this was going to be a negative writing.
I have learned that rejection is an amazing thing.  It does a couple things.  It teaches us about ourselves.  It causes us to look inside as to the reason for the rejection.  Most of the time it is not anything we have done but something the other person saw in us that scared them about themselves.  But what we do is look inside judge ourselves for what others my think.  This gets us away from our true self.
I guess I need to explain what I mean by true self.  I have learned from Deepak Choopra that we each have two selves.  On the the ego self which is what we want others to see and is made by what others think and feel about us.  Then there is our true self this is our passions our desires what truly makes us tick each and every day.  These our are true passions not influenced by what others think or feel about them.  Now that I have explained that back to the topic.
Rejection also takes the people out of our life that would have wasted our time.  These people that have rejected us are not supposed to be in our lives for a reason.  Life has a way of putting people in it that we need for that time only.  Everyone has a part to play in our story.  Has Shakespeare said “Life is like a play we merely go though the stages of life acting it out.”  Even in dealing with the ultimate rejection in life of death.  It is all part of the journey.  Everyone gets rejected and everyone has to overcome this.  

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I have a HUGE problem with rejection. I really appreciate you writing this and putting rejection in a positive perspective. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete